Gresham Power has an excellent opportunity for the right person to join our successful team as a Prototype Wire and Assembly person.
In accordance our procedures assemble and wire equipment.
Electro/Mechanical Assembly according with Technical drawings.
Provide feedback to help improve product Quality and support process improvements and cost reduction.
Essential Technical Requirements:
We would need you to already have:
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of HNC/City and Guilds/NVQ level, or equivalent qualification, in the relevant fields. Example: Electronic Technician, Craft Electrical
- Be able to interpret technical engineering drawings and written specifications.
- The ability to work from limited information in a prototype environment.
- Ability to follow and interpret manufacturing documentation such as general assembly drawings, circuit diagrams, sketches etc.
- A high level of fitting skills using hand and small power tools.
- Experience within a previous electrical role where you have used soldering, wiring & crimping skills.
- Extensive experience of hand assembly.
- Knowledge of industrial standards and the ability to work to them consistently.
- Identify any problems within build and feedback to line supervisor
- Follow company procedure and complete documentation appropriately
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Be self-starting, proactive and highly motivated, willing to learn new skills, have a flexible attitude.
- To work with due regard to health & safety, and industry and local good-practice at all times.
- Good dexterity.
Personal skills, experience and knowledge
You will be the type of person who:
- Likes to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained.
- Likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload.
- Can quickly adapt to unplanned changes in priorities.
- Have good communication skills; especially when working under pressure.
- Enjoys working in a team and supporting each other to achieve goals.
- Really wants to learn, improve and share their knowledge and skills.
- Seeks out better and more efficient ways to complete your work.
- Electronics background useful but not essential.
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Wiring and Mechanical Assembly Team you will:
- Assembly and wire bespoke high quality cabinets within challenging timescales.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Carry out your job responsibilities with due regard to the equality and diversity principles and practices that the organisation is committed to.
Recruitment and Selection Process
If you are successfully with your application you will be invited to an interview.
You will be tested for your manual dexterity and ability to interpret manufacturing documentation and instruction.
The role is a full time / permanent with a standard 37.5 hour working week.
Hours are flexible: Monday to Thursday 8 hours, Friday 5.5 hours
If you have the above skills and experience, please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org