Prototype Wireman | Manufacturing Department
The assembly of equipment in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
Electro/Mechanical Assembly according with technical drawings.
Provide feedback to help improve product Quality and support process improvements and cost reduction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within a manufacturing environment.
- HNC/City and Guilds/NVQ level, or equivalent qualification, in the relevant fields. Example: Electronic Technician, Craft Electrical
- Ability to interpret technical engineering drawings and written specifications.
- Work from limited information in a prototype environment.
- Ability to follow and interpret manufacturing documentation such as general assembly drawings, circuit diagrams, sketches etc.
- High level of fitting skills using hand and power tools.
- Experience of soldering, wiring & crimping skills.
- Extensive experience of hand wiring.
- Knowledge of industrial standards and the ability to work to them consistently.
- identify any problems within build and feedback to line supervisor.
- follow company procedure and complete documentation appropriately.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Be self-starting, proactive and highly motivated, willing to learn new skills, have a flexible attitude.
- Good dexterity.
Personal skills, experience, and knowledge
To work as a Prototype wire person you will be the type of person who:
- likes to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained.
- likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload.
- can quickly adapt to unplanned changes in priorities.
- have good communication skills; especially when working under pressure.
- enjoys working in a team and supporting each other to achieve goals.
- Really wants to learn, improve and share their knowledge and skills.
- seeks out better and more efficient ways to complete your work.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of skills you will:
- Liaise with engineers.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies, and responsibilities.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Carry out your job responsibilities with due regard to the equality and diversity principles and practices that the organisation is committed to.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Covid double vaccinated and future up to date vaccinations is a requirement.
- To work with due regard to health & safety, and industry and local good practice at all times.
You will need to be DBS cleared.
Apply in confidence to email@example.com