POSITION TITLE: Sales Director EMEA
REPORTING TO: Direct Line: Managing Director - UK
Dotted Line: VP Power Systems Group – USA
DIRECT REPORTS: Sales team and PSU Support Engineer.
LOCATION: Facility in Salisbury, UK.
Position operates from home office residing in UK or European country.
The company headquarters is located in Fremont, CA.
THE COMPANY: Gresham Power Electronics – A Digital Power Corp Company
Gresham Power Electronics is the trading name of Digital Power Limited (DPL) and a wholly owned subsidiary of
Digital Power Corporation of Fremont, California.
Gresham designs, manufactures and markets flexible power supply solutions for the most demanding applications in the telecom, medical, industrial and military markets. It will become a critical part of the new Power Solutions Group being formed in the US under a new holding Company, Coolisys.
Gresham will work with Power Plus Distributors (already part of the new Power Solutions Group) and Digital Power Corporation to design, manufacture and distribute a variety of best-in class, high density power solutions for the Military and Commercial markets. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the establishment and formative growth of this exciting new element of a group rapidly expanding into new and challenging markets, with an immediate challenge to achieve top line revenue growth.
As well as commercial products there is, also, a design and manufacturing business specialising in Power Conversion and Distribution Equipment for Naval and Military Applications here in the in the UK. Equipment is in service in virtually every vessel in the Royal Navy as well as at least fifteen overseas Navies.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Director will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Commercial business as well as the Military market revenues for Gresham. The Sales Director will be part of the Management team and responsible for the management , development and implementation of the company’s sales and marketing strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimises a clear path to aggressive growth. You will assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels/ distributors capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives.
• Defining Sales targets and Road Map for the Gresham Revenue plan to be agreed with by the Management Team to include Revenues, Gross margin and Sales & Marketing annual departmental budgets.
• Defining and establishing a five-year growth strategy for each sector of the business.
• Preparing a costed business plan to implement that strategy.
• Maintaining close contact with all OEMs and Distributors throughout the UK, Europe, Scandinavia and any other developing Global Sales Chain.
• Quarterly recommendations on sourcing new Distributors, Suppliers and products per market segments.
• Managing the Gresham Sales team including Inside Sales staff and Commercial Sales Engineering.
• Direct Working with suppliers to produce a product road map.
• Reviewing and improving the supply chain.
• Contract and Project Management
• Liaising with the Operations Manager in respect of managing any new or modified design through production.
• Reporting regularly in respect of performance of both Orders and Sales against budgets and targets.
• Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• 10 plus years of sales experience in a relevant market. Ideally entrenched in Industrial, Medical, or Renewables markets for Power Supplies applications.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
• Understanding of selling systems- solutions versus “product delivery”
• A broad knowledge of power supplies and their specific applications
• Has been demonstrably successful in both direct and indirect (through distributors/channels) selling
• Negotiating skills to establish agreed upon pricing and contractual terms between clients, suppliers and Gresham
• Ideally has a sound grasp of the broad European Defence Market, example: UK Defence contracting processes.
• Financial literacy with accountability to both top line and gross margin.
• Ability to manage sales staff and win mind-share with Distributors.
• Established contacts within Commercial and Military markets
• Visionary: ability to strategize and align opportunities with a solution set, create and achieve milestones towards its implementation.
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude.
• A strong mentor, someone knows how to build relationships and close deals but also knows how to teach their sales team how to be successful and motivate their team to excel.
• Engineering (electronics/mechanical ) degree or equivalent
• Comfortable with presenting and operating within the English language.
• Bi-lingual in a second European language
• Travel: calling on Distributors, OEMs and Military clients. Position may require up to 75% travel depending on where the Candidate lives.
If you are interested in applying for this postion please send your CV and any other relevant details to:
If you are successfully with your application you will be invited to an interview.
Find below current available career and job opportunities at Gresham Power.
With over 50 years designing, manufacturing and supplying power supplies for some of the most demanding applications, Gresham has a strong reputation for service and support. We offer a wide range of both standard and custom power supplies with many items readily available from stock.
Headquarters: 48430 Lakeview Blvd. Fremont, CA 94538